Funded pre-school places at West Lothian
• The deadline for all Pre-School, Primary and Secondary school applications is the 15th of March in any given year. This is clearly stated in the policy document that is attached to the application form.
• For applications received by the deadline, places are granted on a first choice basis, as far as possible within existing resources.
• In geographical areas that are over-subscribed other factors such as continuity of care and the need for wraparound care is taken into consideration where possible.
• Once all applications received prior to the deadline have been granted, applications received after the deadline are allocated based on where spaces and funding is available.
• Applications for children who reside out-with the West Lothian county boundary may be granted funding by West Lothian Council but will have a lower priority for funding that West Lothian children.
• Applicants who are not granted a place for their first choice establishment are placed on the establishments waiting list. Waiting lists are managed using the same guidelines and priorities as admissions.
The policies are set by number of factors such as political direction as well as more importantly lack funding from the central government or not ring fencing the funding for pre-school education and requesting unrealistic level cuts from West Lothian council.
Funded pre-school places at Edinburgh
Edinburgh council will fund all application for places from partner nurseries; our Edinburgh branch is a partner nursery and funding is available subject to availability of places at the nursery.
This is the Edinburgh council’s current policy and does not guarantee future applications.